to gen 2 or not 2
as new
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-Hayabusa-2...41469a88ec&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Hi Mate,
Forget dealers when it comes to so called "deals".
Sell your bike privately and hunt around.
I purchased my 08 ltd privately with 2700ks for $13500-
Thats a deal!!

Best of luck,Rich.
That IS a deal!
If your worried about getting yours back to standard I'll happily swap your bling for my standard and I'll pay the postage. Cant say fairer than that, thats a real good deal YesYesYes
he alredy has the standard gear! and he only lives done the road from you!
I can deliver and collect in person, I'm not proud Lol3
he has decided to keep the 06!
(19-06-2009, 06:19pm)Pommie Wrote: I can deliver and collect in person, I'm not proud Lol3

seems like a fair swap..now lets see what bling i can dig out.. i have an old weddng band from first marriage,and old gold colour necklace(slightly green in a few spots) ,and a single stud ear ring which would probably classed as a antique considering i got it the same year i learnt to rideEek
looking forward to the swap,Lol2

hey nick if i end up with a few spare bits you could throw them on your project bike Lol2Lol2Lol2
sorry mate couldnt help myself, must be the home brew
on serious note thanks to all who commented on this thread,as nick said i have decided to keep the gen1 mainly due to the input of my mechanic(thanks mate look forward to seeing you soon) and the response of you guys who replied,it was a resonable deal but i wound of spent many more thousands getting it to look and go right,

cheers all
dude other than smoothness,there are so many things you can do performance wise to gen1 that,ll outperform a gen2 soo much that people will stop talking to you who own them.Your going to have to spend all over again to get it personalised and looking the way you want anyway.Beating a gen2 for outright grunt is quite easy if thats your focus,geting yours to steer or brake better are all quite easy also.Just get your head round spending a bit if you want to improve your bikes overall performance.If i hadnt ridden my dads busa i wouldnt have bought a gen1,but i knew how great it COULD be.
I think you should upgrade to the genII.

Winning race teams don't use 10 year old machines with "upgrades". They sell the out dated models to their lesser competitors, upgrade to new and keep winning.

Stirs the pot and waits.........
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
thanks for the lesson!
(20-06-2009, 07:28am)spamanglenn Wrote: dude other than smoothness,there are so many things you can do performance wise to gen1 that,ll outperform a gen2 soo much that people will stop talking to you who own them.Your going to have to spend all over again to get it personalised and looking the way you want anyway.Beating a gen2 for outright grunt is quite easy if thats your focus,geting yours to steer or brake better are all quite easy also.Just get your head round spending a bit if you want to improve your bikes overall performance.If i hadnt ridden my dads busa i wouldnt have bought a gen1,but i knew how great it COULD be.

Yeah do as Glen said chuck the price of a new Gen2 at your old Gen1 one then you may be a nose in front sometimes, on something with a resell value of next to nothing, horses for courses I guess
Violin