Cam Chain annoyance!!!!!
No Pan ,

Not dirty oil , I told you, as I was told in the beggining the cam chain is stuffed!!! believe me it is very noisy

Possible problem with no 2 cylinder, I dont know, it needs to be checked out fully!!

But does not seem bad, nothing that warrants the engine out, but we are still working on it and I have been told I will be the first to know!!!!

I am looking forward to getting the bike back

Pan I was told the Oil was very low and we topped it up 2 days before, so it was a suprise to see it at the full line in the little window seeing i was informed it was empty??

Busgo , my bike is a 2002 model and came out with the oil line, that was never the problem
Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 19/5/06 12:14 am
</i>
I don't get it...
Is it just dirty oil making all that noise?

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
Nock , nock . Who's there. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Hey Blue Thunder is at home

Tucked in the garage!!!!!!

Had new cam chain, service and many additional things Checked all compressions , showed up 225 each which is Cool!!!!!
Had my mate weld the clutch and he measured and welded it at the exact depth needed so I tell you it launches like a rocket!!!!!!!

Went to town, then home and the gear shift is amazing!!!

Everything is fine and the final result from my mechanics $937!!!!! Which I think is Unreal !!!!

I am one happy
Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 26/5/06 10:46 pm
</i>
Great News andy. With those sorts of compression readings, were they done when the engine was warm? or have you topped her up with Militec?

Max - Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
Max, they said the compression was fantastic and I think the engine was not warm and yes I had been running Militec so actually after all this work I need to top it up again!!!

I wish I had used Militec from new and not just the last 3000 klms and I wouldnt be replacing the cam chain so quick!!

I am just so wrapped, I can ride again and there was no need to pull the motor out!!! As there was no valve damage at all!!!

It feels weird to ride again but boy does it feel good!!!!!
Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 27/5/06 3:21 am
</i>
Did your mechanics quote a price to fix the motor before you gave the Ok to go ahead with the work? or was it a case of "probe and learn" and bill you when its all done? <i></i>
Gazza

They gave me a rough Idea, because many many hours were spent on it

Hey I was expecting more like a 1500-2000 bill because we did alot of checking, dissassembling, testing, checking again etc. etc

If the motor had to come out, could you imagine the bill!!

Apparently too, found another noise caused be the Billet tank pads, rubbing against the frame...so we put double sided tape on the bottom of them....
Hey Presto , No Noise!!!!

When I rang up to check on it in the afternoon, they were about to fire it up and they took the phone over for me to listen..... There was a really nice loud clanging sound which didnt sound good.... It was "Ugly Stirring Bastard" hitting 2 spanners together next to the phone!!!! Thanks Arthur!!!!

So I was more than happy when the bill was announced and the best thing was, one of my really good customers rang me while I was there because he owed me money and paid them over the phone by CCard so the bill has been fixed up for me!!!!!

The Guys at Motorcycle Weaponrey were Fantastic!!!

......................... ................
Arthur (Ugly Bastard) Steve(Mr Calm) Eric(Mr Nice)

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right Diagnosis ........ Right Repair!!!!!!!!!

Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i></i>
someone else I know with billet tank pads has exactly the same noise.Mobile phones are handy Eh. <i></i>
Andy what's their address? I may pay them a visit. <i></i>
glad its all finally fixed up to your satisfaction. <i></i>
Motorcycle Weaponrey

7/8 Wilmette Place
Mona Vale 99794744
Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i></i>
Funny you go there to Andy,so do I. Once I got my suspension done at a high profile suspension spiecalist,had to get a sevice at the shop mentioned and the mechanic there road out and did a u turn straight back in and said "f*** your bike is a death trap" They pulled the front down and found that i had no dampening,this is after a spent $800 on the front. I wont mention names because it might upset some. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
So Andy after all this crap are you going to plaque your cam chain?Or perhaps you could carry it around and rub it like rosary beads before you take your bike to the drags next? Good to hear the blue silver is back in action to keep the pesky copper silvers and red blacks at bay.I,ll get back out there one day,just got to cross a few rivers and climb a few mountains of life first.Just remember what i said earlier on,if your cam chain stretch caused your cam timing to retard this would have given you those 140+mph passes.Don,t be surprised if the new chain pulls this back to 138mph.Retarded cam timing may be the new secret mod?If this doesn,t occur you truly have one special motor. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
C'mon Ray, who the f*** was it, you have a responsibility to tell all about shitty workmanship. It may save one of us going to the same bonehead!

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>