SUPERCHEAP or SUPER IRRASPONSABLE
could you explain how we are criminals mate ,
interesting.....the page that you provided the link to Kev has already been removed.

Had a quick search online and can't find a link to that vid anywhere else either.
(01-11-2010, 01:32pm)big kev Wrote: could you explain how we are criminals mate ,
It's saying that we break the road rules, hence are criminals.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
http://www.pitbossracing.com.au/stupidcheapauto.wmv
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
(01-11-2010, 06:07pm)Macbusa Wrote: At no time was the campaign intended to offend or alienate any particular group of road users. The particular campaign referenced was intended to highlight just one of the many dangers encountered on our roads on a daily basis and encourage greater levels of awareness.

Uh-huh...and the way that ad comes across is that motorcyclists are the danger. If SCA's intent was to portray the cage driver as the dangerous one, the focus would've stayed on the car rather than the bike.
Just got the same email back from them too.

At least they have done the right thing and made a Superquick decision to suspend that particular campaign,
and have made an effort to provide some sort of positive outcome for all those who complained.
(01-11-2010, 07:34pm)BikerBoy Wrote: At least they have done the right thing and made a Superquick decision to suspend that particular campaign
I don't see it that way. - If your child scribbled on your walls with a crayon, you'd smack him and make him clean it up, right? Would you consider his cleaning up after himself to be "doing the right thing", or would you consider it to be simply his responsibility after he'd made a mess?
Don't give those corporate jackasses too much credit.
(01-11-2010, 07:41pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(01-11-2010, 07:34pm)BikerBoy Wrote: At least they have done the right thing and made a Superquick decision to suspend that particular campaign
I don't see it that way. - If your child scribbled on your walls with a crayon, you'd smack him and make him clean it up, right? Would you consider his cleaning up after himself to be "doing the right thing", or would you consider it to be simply his responsibility after he'd made a mess?
Don't give those corporate jackasses too much credit.

I'm only relpying to this because you've stated this as questions toward me, so I'll make an attempt to answer. I understand exactly where your coming from and although we don't really agree that's called just having a different personality with your own opinion and we're both entitled that. The world would be pretty f*&^ing boring if we didn't.

Rainbow7 Wrote:If your child scribbled on your walls with a crayon, you'd smack him and make him clean it up, right?
Wrong. The child will never grow up understanding exactly why what he/she just did is actually wrong if I just gave them a smack and forced them to clean it up. They just know not to do it. Without an understanding of why they can't do it, they will have no sense of guilt and will just clean it up because they were forced to. They will more than likely do it again later with a screw you attitude. - negative enforcement always get's challenged.

Rainbow7 Wrote:Would you consider his cleaning up after himself to be "doing the right thing", or would you consider it to be simply his responsibility after he'd made a mess?
I'd consider this to be both. Cleaning up his own mess is his responsibility and the right thing to do. But without teaching him that the mess he made was wrong and that he understands that, the excercise is pointless and I may as well just ignore the whole thing or clean it up myself.

So relating it all back to todays lesson. Yes they f****d up and scribbled all over the walls. I explained it was the wrong thing to do and gave them clear reasons why. They now understand they f****d up and are now cleaning it all up, hopefuly having a good think about what they have just done and also provided a basic appology.

If my kids grow up, learn from their mistakes, clean up their own mess, can admit they were wrong and give an apology. I'll be a proud father.

It's their first time at doing something like this so, let's just see if Supercheap have learned from their mistake, clean up the mess, admit they were wrong and give an apology.
(01-11-2010, 10:00pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I'm only relpying to this because you've stated this as questions toward me
Actually, that entire post was rhetorical.
(01-11-2010, 10:05pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(01-11-2010, 10:00pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I'm only relpying to this because you've stated this as questions toward me
Actually, that entire post was rhetorical.

No probs. I thought you were directing it at me.

Guess I got to explain my point of view toward it though in a strange sort of way.
What was the rider actor thinking when he agreed to do this?
(02-11-2010, 05:21am)daaef Wrote: What was the rider actor thinking when he agreed to do this?

Money? Confused
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
STEVENTH , YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT OF THE CAMPAIN , ITS THE CLEAR MESSAGE THAT ITS OK TO DOOR A MOTORCYCLEIST HOW MUCH MORE CLEAR IS THIS ? i dont care about the lane splitting or filtering crap you all are sprouting , THE CLEAR MESSAGE IS IF YOU SEE A RIDER DOIND WHAT HES DOING IN THE ADD THEN ITS OK TO OPEN A DOOR ON HIM , THERES THE PLAIN AS DAY MESSAGE CAN ANY 1 HERE SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT ,