Group Riding Etiquette
(17-04-2011, 05:31pm)bazman Wrote: ha ha ha.....keep stirring that pot, Wardie!!!! Lol3 Pi_freak Lol3

This is the longest thread I've started. Lol3 Gotta keep pickin' at that scab!
(17-04-2011, 08:06pm)Skidmarx Wrote: well, im usualy the leader in my little group, some of the tail'ers dont keep up, and i dont expect them to on ninja 6's and harleys, we usualy pull up for a smoke break halfway through the ride and let the slower ones catch up, they dont seem to mind, and if they dont like it, they dont have to follow.

I've been completely demoralised and left behind by a ninja 6 !! he undercut on a left hander if I remember correctly - scared the absolute shit out of me as I didn't see him coming and he cut my line. heard him going, screaming its little head off.
- had to resort to the hayabusa cheap trick of twisting the throttle on the straight bits to catch back up- it was flat at $2.40 when we all whistled past. RYDRZ on his harley wouldn't be too far behind either.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I must ride with a pack of slow asses then lol, my old man is probly the only real opponent iv got on his ducati, i rode my mates ninja 6, it barely moved and i had no trouble holding it open even through suburbia, easy to throw around but was lacking in every other department

I am 148kg's though lol, poor little bike
Reading through this and a few other threads, I get the distinct feeling that I'm going to have some very "interesting" times in Australia.
(18-04-2011, 11:54am)Papa_Smurf Wrote: Reading through this and a few other threads, I get the distinct feeling that I'm going to have some very "interesting" times in Australia.

juz like RYDRZ (aka Corbin) said somewhere else, Clive......Get down to "The BUSA BASH" (Tathra Beach, 2-3-4 Dec) .....I think you would be our very FIRST international BB guest!!?!! Yes

Lots of fun & games to be had there.....Pi_thumbsup ScaryPi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
(17-04-2011, 08:06pm)Skidmarx Wrote: well, im usualy the leader in my little group, some of the tail'ers dont keep up, and i dont expect them to on ninja 6's and harleys, we usualy pull up for a smoke break halfway through the ride and let the slower ones catch up, they dont seem to mind, and if they dont like it, they dont have to follow.

i have to give a big shout out to my boys for getting my helmet off me and removing my bike from prying eyes within about 5 mins of my stack though, great work, and im pretty sure one of them is a member here

in saying that though iv never realy been for a lap with an alternative group with a different leader

If you get down for the Tathra Beach Busa Bash this year you can ride behind Wardy for a while and see that he isn't really that slow at all!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I highly doubt im going to make it, pretty sure i still wont be able to ride by then, and the bike wont be back together ether, its killing me lol, the one thing that could make this healing so much easyer is to just jump on and go for a ride, but even if the bike was sorted the shoulder is still pretty rooted
Group riding can be difficult one at first with a new group as said here earlier best to hang back and watch you will soon work out who you dont mind being near someone with good lines and corner speed and not doing the old charging between corners and running wide its easy to pick up on this especially when they are on unfamiliar roads.

Riding in a group of riders who you know on a local run is a no brainer really as the group sorts its self out as you run through twisties and you know how they ride.

My pet hate is people who follow so far up your arse they leave no margin for error but are not good enough to go around and lead you mainly because they are not good enough to pick turn entry points for themselves its a lot easier to follow and those that do travel to close to the back of me constantly will receive a blast at the next stop (Turkeys) Knuppel2

Another thing with group riding etiquette is when you have a line of bikes on a straight bit of road short or long and start to overtake cars one by one or a couple at a time some people who overtake do not give any thought to the bikes behind them and pull in behind a car and stay in the right hand wheel track not leaving any room for the bikes following to get in this is something very common with new people you ride with or those with less experience.

When you ride with a group of riders you know and trust its just the best thing you can doPi_thumbsup
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "