Annual model release date
About time red came out again...fastest colour ever
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(17-09-2011, 05:26pm)TonyTripleA Wrote: I realise not much is available on the "next" model Busa, but I thought some more experienced minds might have an idea at about what time of year Suzuki announces and releases the next year models.

I'm now decided on a new busa (mmmm...) got my old bike up for sale, and was wondering if its only a month or so whether I'd be best to wait and see what the new colours etc might be when they are announced?

Believe me when I say I have trolled the web, certainly no clue easily found.

Oh, I should add, the thing that sold me on the Busa was test riding one!

Cheers,

Tony AAA

Suzuki is having a sale on the 2011 stock, might get a thou an half off, maybe more, thats if you don`t mind blue or black.
Stolen from the .org

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcycle/m...21-121.pdf

Only 1 colour to get and that's red and black Clap brand new ones selling for under $17,000 on rd now.
That red is nice.... but my baby blue arrived today! Ummmm, delicious. First 320 km done and all I can say is wow. A test ride really doesn't give you the full experience. Much, much easier bike to ride than I imagined - that said, I'm running it in and taking it super easy. Nice to see a big machine you can take it easy on. So willing and yet so trackable. No regrets on the blue either!

Did change those tyres last thing today though. Had so many mates warn me that the bridgstone 015 is not ideal for busa. When I turned up at the shop at the end of the day with new tyres and paid to change them the bloke said "scared you didn't they" - they didn't because first day riding a busa I was pretty much a chicken, but he reckoned I wouldve been scared pretty soon in the wet.

TonyAAA (no longer in the market for a busa!)

One twist of the wrist at a time...
congrats Tony Clap.....you're gonna be havin' heapsa high-speed fun now!!! Pi_thumbsup

If you're up for some serious fun Undecided........why not bring it for a blast down to The Busa Bash?!? Yes

Coolsmiley
Congrats Tony.
The Busa really is easier to ride than what you'd initially expect and only gets better with a bit of time.
Good decision to change the tyres too. I actually found them not too bad in the wet (even pushed them a bit to find the limit and they held up pretty good)
but when it comes to a cold OEM 015, they are lethal with absolutely no grip at all!!!!.

Enjoy the new Busa mate.
Thanks for the PDF Link Zoro Pi_thumbsup

Wow really keen on the 2012 black one but can I wait a few months ConfusedUndecided
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
(02-10-2011, 11:54pm)bRoWnEyE Wrote: I've heard that they are expecting to arrive around December .
No real changes except colour scheme & maybe a red one too ??

Loved the blue but notice that the white is back for 2012... nice.

Did the Putty road yesterday (an iconic ride north of Sydney) and had a ball... despite the last fifty kms in the rain. As I mentioned earlier I did take advice on tyres and threw away the brand new bridgestone 015s, replaced with metzeler M5 and no regrets (well the bank balance has plenty of regrets but nothing new there). Very impressed with the tyres, I had power pures on my old CB1000R and they were "twitchy" in the wet, particularly the front was very twitchy in fact. M5s were absolutely confidence inspiring (not that I was pushing as I was running the bike in).

The only disappointment is with myself... this bike obviously has more potential than I do, so I'm taking a gradual learning curve with it.... although I feel very "secure" on it, especially in bumpy off camber turns, I just have that realisation that its a lot of bike if I get something wrong. I've already found slowing down takes more time than I think and a lot more than speeding up!!! So planning ahead is now the lesson I'm working on. On the other hand this thing is very happy to accommodate a change in line or radius without drama. In fact, I find the busa a relaxing ride... well until I look at the speedo!

Looking forward to the MotoGP ride next week... I'll say g'day to any busa riders down there! The busa bash is a bit difficult timing wise but I'll try.

Cheers, and thanks for the advice.

TonyAAA
Maybe Suzuki will go with a 6cyl', they experimented with one a while back in their design dep't, it was a 1litre. Punch it out to 1500cc or bigger (BMW 1800cc) and make it exciting.
@ AAA, A few members from AHC that make it down to the Island all meet up at the Euphoria cafe in Cowes (half way down the hill rhs open air). We are meeting around 7pm Sat night? maybe Bazzman can spread some light to confirm!? Bundy & I will be there regardless!!.
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

(09-10-2011, 07:42pm)motoplast Wrote: Maybe Suzuki will go with a 6cyl', they experimented with one a while back in their design dep't, it was a 1litre. Punch it out to 1500cc or bigger (BMW 1800cc) and make it exciting.
@ AAA, A few members from AHC that make it down to the Island all meet up at the Euphoria cafe in Cowes (half way down the hill rhs open air). We are meeting around 7pm Sat night? maybe Bazzman can spread some light to confirm!? Bundy & I will be there regardless!!.

Motoplast, if I can I'll be there at Euphoria - I'll be the guy with the crazed smile after the ride down!

TonyAAA

This is from my local Suzuki Dealer -

We are not expecting any 2012 stock until about Feb or March. The only expected change will be a colour or graphic change from the current model and the price will return to $18990.00 + on road costs.

Hmmm I might have to go for the 2011 Model Biker
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
(13-10-2011, 01:10pm)bRoWnEyE Wrote: This is from my local Suzuki Dealer -

We are not expecting any 2012 stock until about Feb or March. The only expected change will be a colour or graphic change from the current model and the price will return to $18990.00 + on road costs.

Hmmm I might have to go for the 2011 Model Biker

Glad I didn't wait, and I've found the blue very nice... more than a few have said its something they wouldn't have bought but when they see it in the flesh... great!

Now having ridden some 4,000 km or so, I couldn't wish for anything to be much improved... certainly the handling and power are great! The brakes I had no problem with, I've grown to love the dash, and am comfy as I've ever been on a bike (maybe more comfy than ever). What's to wait for?

The surprise for me is how easy a pillion is on this bike. Hefty as it is, the pillion doesn't seem to make much difference to either the power or handling.

TonyAAA