worth modding in this nanny state?
(18-01-2012, 07:48pm)-M- Wrote: If you can fit FE's and slip-on's then you wouldn't consider WA a nanny state if you'd ever been to SA.

The only people that probably object are those of a well "experienced" age who may still receive some type of humane treatment.

You will get defected on the spot for any FE or aftermarket product if stopped by an officer from the traffic enforcemenf section. Their favourites include the "go's without saying" FE, Power Commanders (or any aftermarket EMS), Aftermarket MC's e.g. Brembo and I have also been defected for a tinted screen as it may impede my vision of the gauges.. yeah ok. Rearsets with fixed pegs are also evil.

Most TES officers will defect ANY modified bike and would like to see any non-OEM product fitted rendered a defect.

Belzy, I've spent 10's of thousands in court for what I consider trifling matters and they won't give credence to any US document regarding your muffler. Each Yoshimura muffler/exhaust is sold locally for "racing use only" regardless of any baffle insert. Take a look at any Suzuki Motorcycles Australia advert that features a Yoshimura product (generally as a special offer inclusion) and it will have "not legal for road use" in fine print on the bottom of the page.

If WA is the nanny state, then SA is the fascist state.

Well said mate ClapPi_thumbsupTrophy

TES are the biggest bunch of @o%k*&%k#$ to walk SA PoliceShowback

No mercy from these boys after 25 years of riding - the Fuzz I try to avoid 2fast4u

[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
(19-01-2012, 07:06pm)Troppo Wrote: The Qld cops don't seem to worry about mods at all - well, the ones in Cairns, anyway.

Lucky youre in Cairns as it seems that they are turning into bigger Vaginas by the second down here in Brisi.
(18-01-2012, 07:48pm)-M- Wrote: ...Power Commanders (or any aftermarket EMS),...

Yeah, and rightly so. They're doing you a favour and saving you money!

How the hell can the cops detect a Power Commander, short of asking you to remove the seat/hump??

That's crazy.

Hang on Troppo, you're in Qld. Haven't the police ever had you pull your bike down by the side of the road under the pretext of a drug search?
Ahhhh, no.

Sorry, I was thinking pre-fitzgerald inquiry days.
I got my bike licence in 91 and since then i have been pulled over once and had a police car/bike follow me two or three times , most of the time the bikes were stock .

I did have a slip on on the CBR900 and had a roring toyz system on the Bussa for one ride (was too loud) but that's about it.

Have also ridden with a coupple of people with slip ons & other minor mods and not been a problem.
Camel, all well and good mate but ECU cracks like ECUeditor haven't always been around, nor does that help anyone with Motec, Haltech etc.

ECUeditor is a good tool but most pro builds still use standalone EMS systems.. The police don't do us any favours mate.

There isn't much point in cracking your ECU if your bike is bog stock, regardless of the 4% power increase.

While I love my one off BusaRacer, the GSXR's are my passion and some are near SBK spec. These bikes are not only quicker than OEM, but much safer as they're fitted with the best components money can buy. The flashtune would be the very last thing they're defected for if it came to that.

(22-01-2012, 11:32pm)-M- Wrote: The flashtune would be the very last thing they're defected for if it came to that.

So true. They'll ping you for the turbo sticking it's nose out through the fairing.

I even got pinged once for changing the colour of the bike from original. I lost 7 provisional licences before I finally got my open. They even stalked me after I got a provisional back and then claimed I was speeding, didn't stop at a stop sign, saw light between front wheel and road... I was on a Z650! Needless to say, lost my licence again, this time only 18 hours after I got it back. No doubt it was all karma. That'll teach me for getting my licence on a Z1300! (No poxy 250cc limits back then!).