Troppo rides the ZX14R
f*** its ugly.....

Good thing it's so fast, you don't get a chance to look at it.
The guys at SA motorcycles loaned me a demo for the day while I was getting a tyre fitted yesterday and faaark
The guys at SA motorcycles loaned me a demo for the day while I was getting a tyre fitted yesterday and faaark I was impressed.
It braked better , felt lighter and easier to throw around , had shit
loads of power , and I reckon it soaked up the bumps better.
Loved it to the point of seriously thinking about buying one.
It feels like a modern bike where my k9 feels a bit dated.
You blokes should have a ride , you may be surprised.
The looks would grow on you .....look at the bum on a gen 2
They are a great bike.

Much better than a Gen 2 Bus.
(03-03-2012, 08:14pm)Troppo Wrote: They are a great bike.

Much better than a Gen 2 Bus.

So they should be. The gen 2 was developed towards the end of 2007. 4 years of technology and progressBiker
don't care, the busa looks Wayyyyyyyy more sexy than the KAWKbox
(02-03-2012, 09:04pm)beally55 Wrote: The guys at SA motorcycles loaned me a demo for the day while I was getting a tyre fitted yesterday and faaark
The guys at SA motorcycles loaned me a demo for the day while I was getting a tyre fitted yesterday and faaark I was impressed.
It braked better , felt lighter and easier to throw around , had shit
loads of power , and I reckon it soaked up the bumps better.
Loved it to the point of seriously thinking about buying one.
It feels like a modern bike where my k9 feels a bit dated.
You blokes should have a ride , you may be surprised.
The looks would grow on you .....look at the bum on a gen 2

I was on one for a few hours yesterday and I would agree with most of what have been said here BUT I cant get over the fact that its still looks cheap,those plastic sides look like a cheese grater,not to mention the 1980 looking seat which is just wrong and it all seems to boil down to the fact that style or shape for Kawasaki is not important.I would not be surprised if this model will flop to.
The seat may look 1980, but it is more comfortable than the Bus....
Thanks Troppo for taking the time and effort to post this report. I find the ZR looks (& ergos) to be really quite OK but it always seems to me that the people who pick the ZR looks will not be the type to go for the Bus looks.
Apart from the cans, both bikes look OK to me with a certain bias towards what I have(Gen2).
I could have both at the same time and not worry about the debate too much.
Interesting that the ZR G'Box has not really rated any better, but then, Suz boxes have always been hard to beat. Regarding "better pull" in certain rev ranges, that might be the case, but I think a Bus with a proper 4-1 system + flash-tuning will cancel (significantly) any advantages the ZR might have had. Even as it is, US published 1/4 times for the Bus by some prominent magazines, have rated the times coming in consistently under 9.9sec which is to say there's not much in it in STANDARD form. Likewise the handling. The Bus can be MUCH improved with some small tweaks. For now though, it does look like the Bus is no longer out front.
Finally, I do think there is an end-game in sight as there is not much more physics can do with this type of weight/mechanics/design recipe. The S1000R and possibly the new Suzuki Virus 1000
might be where we're headed in the near future.
Bring on Gen 3 I'd say. It might impress us all, including the ZR riders.
Well I think that it does come down to personal taste and I personally find the busa to be one of the best looking bikes I have seen, is it perfect NO but saying this I am yet to own a bike that is?? I am sure you'd all agree. I think good on kwaka for topping the big boss at the top and you know what still personally don't care if they have because I still ain't swapping my lovely machine for one? Perhaps for me the up side is that now Suzuki will have to catch up and better it again (finger crossed for hyper Gen3). I think if you like the new kwaka so much put your $$'s where you mouth is and go get one? that's what I did with the busa and never looked back. I agree with FalcoPerigri when he talks about 4 into 1 and tune... you be splitting hairs and in the "real world" everyday riding again who cares?? so a guy pulls up next to at a set of lights on the new ZR and blows you away? or maybe you blow him away? I still say who cares so long as what's under your butt is what makes you enjoy riding then who the f**k give a s**t... life it to short to worry about what not you not riding!.

This debate is like when Nissan posted a Nuremberg ring time better than Porsche? what was the best thing about it all is that none of it mattered? only Nissan was smart enough to find a loop hole that people would look past and that is unless the time is officially recorded it means jack.... meaning I could go around in my busa and say that I do it 2mins fast than the kwaka blaa blaa and sell enough people to believe me then they will all convince them selves that it real? when the time I set was done on my iphone or the like and timed by my mate? again it means nothing unless you really want it too (in this case Porsche really wanted to). I hope we end up like Porsche owners and the company stops putting good bikes out and updates the busa and brings a GREAT bike out.

thats my rant for the year.... sorry about that I just had to have a release :)
(04-03-2012, 03:44pm)raceworx Wrote: Well I think that it does come down to personal taste and I personally find the busa to be one of the best looking bikes I have seen, is it perfect NO but saying this I am yet to own a bike that is?? I am sure you'd all agree. I think good on kwaka for topping the big boss at the top and you know what still personally don't care if they have because I still ain't swapping my lovely machine for one? Perhaps for me the up side is that now Suzuki will have to catch up and better it again (finger crossed for hyper Gen3). I think if you like the new kwaka so much put your $$'s where you mouth is and go get one? that's what I did with the busa and never looked back. I agree with FalcoPerigri when he talks about 4 into 1 and tune... you be splitting hairs and in the "real world" everyday riding again who cares?? so a guy pulls up next to at a set of lights on the new ZR and blows you away? or maybe you blow him away? I still say who cares so long as what's under your butt is what makes you enjoy riding then who the f**k give a s**t... life it to short to worry about what not you not riding!.

This debate is like when Nissan posted a Nuremberg ring time better than Porsche? what was the best thing about it all is that none of it mattered? only Nissan was smart enough to find a loop hole that people would look past and that is unless the time is officially recorded it means jack.... meaning I could go around in my busa and say that I do it 2mins fast than the kwaka blaa blaa and sell enough people to believe me then they will all convince them selves that it real? when the time I set was done on my iphone or the like and timed by my mate? again it means nothing unless you really want it too (in this case Porsche really wanted to). I hope we end up like Porsche owners and the company stops putting good bikes out and updates the busa and brings a GREAT bike out.

thats my rant for the year.... sorry about that I just had to have a release :)

I too, think the Nissan is awesome and I would have that in a flash, but when you see it whipped by the Suzuki Virus 1000 on utube, it really brings home what bikes are really about. The sheer physicality of riding one tops anything out there on 4 wheels.
The Busa Signature shape is in a category of One. The thing is, it is designed for BROAD appeal, so that individuals can adapt to do quarters or top speed or touring or strip it for a street fighter look. It does ALL those things very well, for example try breaking the World endurance-speed record set by the Busa and Pirelli at Nardo!

I rode the new ZX14 today.

I wish I hadn't.

I actually enjoyed the ride, smoother and more comfortable than the 2011 Gen 2 that I rode last year and a damned side faster too. The dash is nicely set out, the mirrors work, endless bottom end power. The brakes actually work, unlike the stock crapola that Suzuki have fitted to our beloved Busas. It just goes on and on.

I f*&^ing HATE KUMANDSUCKMEES, but must admit, this is a serious motorcycle. Whether they have their quality control issues sorted or not I wont find out as I will NOT own another Kumandsuckme! This is a Hayabusa site and we love our Hayabusas!!!!

To give credit where credit is due, it is a very rideable bike and very comfortable. Still looks like a bag of shit though! lol.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(06-03-2012, 04:52pm)Madmax Wrote: Still looks like a bag of shit though! lol.

Max

Albeit a pretty hot lookin bag of shit Embarassed .. Sorry, I've still got a wee bit of Kwakka blood left in me.
(06-03-2012, 05:03pm)Dale Wrote:
(06-03-2012, 04:52pm)Madmax Wrote: Still looks like a bag of shit though! lol.

Max

Albeit a pretty hot lookin bag of shit Embarassed .. Sorry, I've still got a wee bit of Kwakka blood left in me.

It's just not like comparing apples with apples Dale, the Busa is a pristine looking arrow of a thing while the ZX14 is a barge-arsed looking thing! lol.

It's true I rode one today! CoolsmileyLol3CoolsmileyLol3Coolsmiley

While I do like it & I can appreciate another motorcycle & can't understand some of you turncoats singing it's praises on a Hayabusa forum Pi_thumbsdownKnuppel2

Guess I'm just loyal to good old Suzuki & (KTM)Smitten

Long live the King Trophy
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Guess what... i bought one.
Pick it up tomorrowSmitten
Without a doubt the nicest bike i have ever ridden.Had 2 busas ridden them for 7 years plus nand reckon thy are a fantastic bike , but time for a change. When Suzuki build a modern bike and don`t rely on the name HAYABUSA i would certainly look at buying another.Do yourself a favour and ride a 14 , and if you reckon it is shit put it on the forum,