Hard Compound Tyres??
I must say that after doing about 2000kms last weekend going to Bathurst and around ,and probably 70% of that was on wet roads, the 80% worn 020 just hung on beautifully.No great slides or dramas at all.The front is a new 012 which also stuck like the proverbially.Heres to bridgies! <i></i>
Front tyre grip is pretty important, safety critical even. But you should be riding the bike to force more of a traction response from the rear boot. It is larger (unless you ride a cruiser) and has a bigger contact patch. Try keeping your hand on the throttle and off the brake <i></i>
I run with Bridgestone on the front and Dunlop 207 on the back. I never do more than 180km, but generally 140km, and I get about 15,000km even on a Dunlop. Stop hammering it down guys - unless you have big wallets.

Dunlop nearing it's TWI and I ride in the pouring rain all the time. No problems. I'll keep a tyre on passed it's TWI if it's summer and dry. I have two wheels - the other has a Bridgestone on it, but right now I'm in my Dunlop fad mode. I can't get pass this combination - it's been great in the wet and holds steady in the Blue Mountains gentle twisties, wet or dry. <i></i>
Hey throwdown,i did the blue mountains comming back from Bathurst to Woolongong,not a bad road except for 2 things.1 the bloody roadworks and 2 the bloody traffic,it was bumper to bumper sunday afternoon ,i dont know how you could ride it everyday,i wouldnt have the patience.If you come down to Vic,check out the reefton spur,that is a road and not much traffic. <i></i>
Once the roadwork is finished in 2012 it'll get better. I leave as early as possible just to get a clear road, then it's a very enjoyable ride.

Typically I'll leave around 05.30-06.00, because this is when the Police are having hand over duty chats and I can do 120 in the 60-80 zones.

I get to work waaayyyy too early, but then piss around on the internet. Anything is better than wasting a good long ride sharing the road with Trucks on a single lane.

Got caught speeding on the last day of Christmas period double demerits. Copper couldn't be bothered when he saw my UK licence. It's the way to go fellas. I'd be banned by now if I got my NSW licence, and as most people know by now, I've got to be the slowest, pussy rider on a busa in the Western hemisphere. There's something wrong with there I can tell you.:"> <i></i>
Throwdown, I kept mine and just swapped it over for a NSW's one. I only had to do the Knowledge test as I had a NSW licence before I went over to the UK to live.

You'll have to do the full test my friend hehehehehehe
that's of course if you go down that track <i></i>
They're changing this all the time. I only have to the knowledge test now, as UK is on a selected list of countries with approved testing systems to the Aussie standard.

I don't mind getting a NSW licence, but I do mind them putting a hole in my UK licence, which is part of the procedure to invalidate it. What do I fall back on when PC Plod pulls me over and I have 12 points?

With the double demerit system (particularly), I don't know how you guys keep your licences. AND REMEMBER, I'm the slowest on this board. <i></i>
Hi Guys/Gals, I'm about to get some hard wearing tyres for my trip to Perth. Was going to put the Bridgestone BT-020 set on unless anyone else has any suggestions or experiences with other brands??
I will be doing some twisties early on in trip along way to Adelaide in Halls Gap mountains, and when we get to Esperasnce and Albany in Perth. Need dual compound?
Peter <i></i>