Shannons
DJ only in Vic only in Vic
We in NSW are very responsible riders, none of that would ever happen up here, we are all so well behaved and don't break any laws, some of you Guys should be ashamed of yourselves in the Police State trying to give us all a bad name, in fact maybe in NSW because we are so considerate to other Riders & Drivers on and off the road and are all motor enthusiasts maybe we should get even better discounts, we in NSW love Shannon’s are we are your friends ( ps Shannon’s don't forget my extra discount next week when I pay my policy )

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just a poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>
never in the history of this site has there been a time more appropriate to use this...
Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
Yea I gave Arista away after 2 yrs with them rating 1 no claims and every year the premium went up then up from $450 to $600 to $720 so I said go fark urselves, been insuring myself for the last 5 yrs, guess that means I shud have close to 5k in the non existant kitty.

as for shannons got the quote in the mail, only saw the light of day for 5 seconds then in the bin, they wanted $3000 something.

so as far as im concerned to hell with all those theives. not to mention state and federal theives, annoyed the hell outa me to see stamp duty then GST on top of it all, they can go fark themselves too. <i></i>
if it's any consolation Volvi I have never had insurance for any of my bikes and only have extended third for the Busa... Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
Rang Shannons and got told that they don't cover for riding to work. Fine. QBE wants 840.00. Suncorp wants 1153.00. Can stick that where the Sun don't shine. Bloody capo communist swine.
Been riding for 33 years, have a clean record, got a max NCB, bike is locked up everynight and is undercover during the day.
Still have to check with Swann and AAMI but its not looking to good. <i></i>
NRMA 65% no clain bonus and another 12% discount as I have my car and house insured with them = $2400

SWAN 65% no clain bonus = $1600
QBE 65% no clain bonus = $1250
Shannons 65% no clain bonus = $1050

Insured for $18000

I have a clean driving record and the bike is always garaged. I have been riding road bikes since I was 16.9 years old and now I am 40. Obviously Sydney NSW is way more expensive than anywhere else in the country.

<i></i>
Called Shannons yesterday to get cover on Troy's old 02,

Im 42 year old, 5 years no claims,
recent 3 points for speeding,
UK licence for age's, QLD licence 2 years.

My 02 Hayabusa, Yoshi cans, Screen, etc, Garaged,
used couple times a week, no work commuting,
Value $13000,
Fully comp....
$489.35

My 04 Hayabusa, Yoshi cans, Screen, Polished rims, TRE, etc, Garaged,
used couple times a week, no work commuting,
Value $15,000,
Fully comp....
$496.57
(Western QBE quoted $883)

Both included cover for any track-TRAINING days,
$1500 rider and $1000 pillion riding gear etc.
<i>Edited by: Tony Nitrous&nbsp; at: 9/7/06 10:29 am
</i>
Rang them today, and they will do my bike for $566 and my

girls ZXR 250 for $269. I have mine covered for $17.500

and the 250 for $5000....

Very happy all the mods are now coverd Regards Richard

When the Clutch Drops the Bull Shit Stops<i></i>
Just got off the phone from Shannons.

$739.08 p.a. for the K4 busa at an agreed value of $13,500 and an excess of $500. Have to admit, I'm disappointed. The guy doing the quote was telling me Sydney was expensive. He re-did the quote based on Brisbane and it was $200 cheaper. I like what they offer but I'll have to check around to see if I can do better. If not, I'll give them a try.

Any other Sydney guys had quotes this size ?

I'm 48. I live in a safe suburb. Bike is garaged. I don't commute on it. No expensive bits to hike up the premium. My record is pretty good and I've never made a bike claim. Sheesh ! The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Astro,
Try Arista - 40Plus on 1300 274 782.
My last bill was $598 including my broker's $40 fee.

I'm not in Sydney though.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Thanks Busgo... I'll give them a try, but I think if I'd lived up where you are it would have been cheaper in any case.

Bruce (Blackzook) also reminded me that I should have mentioned my Ulysses membership (which I completely forgot when I called them) and I think that gets me at least 5% off.

I've yet to ring any of the others (not able to give quotes on Sundays) so I'll check a few out tomorrow (unless they aren't able to give quotes on Bank Holiday as well !)

Thanks again.... The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Couldn't get Shannons to budge from $739.

WQBE started at $740 and went down to $580 (which I took - refer "Insurance" thread)

ARISTA was $618 straight off the bat.

$13500 Agreed Value
$500 excess
The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Ive got my 04 gixxer thou for $18000 at $900. <i></i>
Low risk area <i></i>
G'day
FWIW, I eventually settled on Shannons...NRMA classic wanted a bit over $700 each bike...Shannons wanted a bit over $600 each, and riding gear is covered and it's all done over the phone...now the interesting part is 99 bus insured for $16,500 (quite a few accessories) and 06 bus insured for $18,500 (accessories to come) both very close in premium. So the similarities are sum insured and make/model of bike, and if I understand the insurer's comments correctly it is more to do with the latter...
Regards
kevin
Oh, and yes, I insured the 4WD with them too... <i></i>