Shannons
Kev11e... you must be outside of Sydney. (If I recall correctly, up north near Busgo ?). There was no way I could match those prices with Shannons. They said Sydney was the most expensive location in terms of premium.

Arista was the next best bet for me - after WQBE. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
G'day
Glenbrook, so it's almost Sydney ;-)
Regards
Kevin <i></i>
I have my '06 with lotsa add-ons insured through WQBE for $25k, cost $980. Arista went past $1200 and wouldn't budge I commute daily, the bike is garaged. Shannons wouldn't even quote because I commute.

Max
Greece is the word Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i>Edited by: Max&nbsp; at: 11/9/06 10:17 pm
</i>
I've got 2pts left from 3 tickets in 18 mths including one neg driving (the only tickets I've had in 15 yrs) I have maximum no claim bonus. on the bus I pay $670 with agreed value of $12k and the usual extras for rider/pillion apparel. the original premium was $710 but because I've got my cruiser with them also I get a multi-policy discount. when the Corolla is due for insurance I'll be going with them also. '00 Blue/Silver 'busa & '03 Black VTX1300s, Ulysses Member, lover of hot food <i></i>
Just insured new busa 2006 agreed $18500 @ $547.47 &$500 excess i thought was a good deal but they couldnt match QBE on me Harley on agreed value and premium QBE wanted $781.00 for the bus <i></i>
I'm with Shannos now with the Busa and the car.

The '06 Busa is insured for $21,000 ( said thats whats it's worth with on rad costs and stuff) and is just under $900

and only 200 for the excess.

but then it's the first bike I've had in about 3 years and they only want 3 years worth of driving record.

So guess that was lucky. I'll probably start collecting the speeding fines again now.

Ash <i></i>
As I dont ride to work, Shannon's serves me well. $720 on agreed value of $16,500 plus I am covered when I do courses on the track. Of course track days are not covered Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
Insurance is over rated.
Just don't fall off...easy..

Cheers,
Pete

zweb@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
Thats easy to say Pete

Touch wood, its only happened once to me
wrote off a bike at Halls Gap, so it was worthwhile then.

I made it through my last two bikes uninsured. I dont want to test fate now Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
Tongue in cheek there Brigitte.
But I actually don't have and never have had insurance...quite a few on the Board do the same... Cheers,
Pete

zweb@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
I agree DJ, in 5 years the insurance company would own the bike with the premiums they charge. And then it comes down to getting the bastards to pay out.....they will fight tooth and nail to avoid it.

I work on the principle that all you have to do is make sure you do nothing wrong, you can take it out of the other blokes arse then.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
Quote:you can take it out of the other blokes arse then.

Soooo many lines .... soooo many.

If only simmo had said it I might have used 'em. Graham... can't do it to you mate !

Still... it is an odd place to keep your wallet. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
I am with shannons -40yo, rating 1, no tickets (lucky i guess) Ulyssian, non commuter but live in Sydney - last year $770 this year they want $920

Looks like i'm on the quoting roundabout again

Anyone else quoted lately?

Ruffy

<i></i>
Just signed with Arista 40plus for $676 full comprehensive ins.
Had to pay it all up front but it was worth the $270 saving and the bus is insured for $12K plus $1800 worth of extras.
Pretty happy with that

Ruffy

They wanted a piccy of me on the bike - I sent them one from when i had lost a ton of weight:

Ruffy

<i></i>
I thought it was cruel to tan a cow before you skin it.

<i></i>