(Harley Spare Parts)
70-72 Sunnyholt Road
Blacktown 2148
Ph: 02 9621 7776

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
Thanx pan, I'm onto it in the morning

Cheers
Darryl <i></i>
Today I discovered that, much like the right peg, the left one needed similar grinding...

Careful when using a bench grinder, as I discovered the stuff gets hot in your hand!

...and grind a little more off so it's not a snug fit

This side didn't come as close to the exhaust

Then there's the "poor mans Buell pegs"

Take apart your bits like this

...and chuck them on

Of course, it helps to have a huge workshop and 2 mechanics/mates to help out!

The temporary pegs without the rubber stuff feel more slippery under foot, though that may be because I was walking around in the workshop too. I didn't notice any extra vibration or shakes without the rubber stuff...

Now all I have to do is adjust the gear lever and the brake... more pics to come...
ive had the poor mans buells a while now. I cut the top rubber off the oems, left the bottom layer of rubber, dont look so good but got rid of the un-necessary added height.

So pan was it worth all your effort? <i></i>
Much like other mods I've done or things I've bought, I've asked around first and taken advice. Most people that have Shinkos (tyres) love them. I bought them and I'm lovin' them. I got the GPI and love it. I got the Scorpio alarm and it's perfect for what I needed. I got the tank bra and it's great for my work. I got the Elka shock and it feels great. I got bits chromed ( ) and love 'em.

The Buell pegs seem good so far. I've been on Bruce's bike and Simmos and it feels more comfortable with those pegs on. I guess I'll really know how good they are after a long ride, but I'm sending them off to be chromed so won't know for a while...
Nice pics Pan the poor mans Buells still dont get you nearly as low.
Keep in mind what I said about the outer edge of the Buells they are very slippery especially when chromed. You may want to file some ridges in them before you send them off. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Working on that today
Here we go:

First, the Blackzook mod. I'm not sure if this exactly what Bruce did, but it seems to make sense as it would make the edges of the pegs less slippery...

I used one of those triangular file thingies and held the footpeg in a vice.

Second, adjusting the brake lever height:

Undo the whole unit... disconnect the black electrical bit, then hold the brake cylinder thing while spinning the whole unit to undo and gain access to the bottom of the bolt that needs shortening:

Cutting the bolt was tricky. A hack-saw would do it (in about 10 minutes!!!), but you need something like multigrips to hold the brake cylinder... I was lucky; I had my mechanic with a air-pressure type mini angle grinder thing... cut through it in 12 seconds. I cut off about 3 or 4mm

Next, adjusting the rear brake light:

See the above picture... pull the black plastic bolt upward (held down by a spring) and then outward... then simply wind up and replace... trial and error until your brake light operates properly again.

Finally, adjusting the gear lever position. Many have done this before, but I thought I'd include it for those who haven't.

There are two adjustments:

Last step (optional):
Send away to chrome!

I'll include pics of the final product eventually...

Happy spannering...

Yep the grooves will fix the slipperyness mate. Looking good and well documented. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Very good Pan,
Quote:Finally, adjusting the gear lever position. Many have done this before, but I thought I'd include it for those who haven't. on the gear rod I had one a little longer made up so I could get more ajustment,
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!<i></i>
That Jack Reardon guy is a pleasure to deal with.

Ordered the pegs on Monday lunchtime and they were at my front door 10am Tuesday morning for $66 delivered.

Thanks pan, a top find

Cheers
Darryl

<i></i>
No worries Darryl
Let us know how you go with installation and if you have any tips or ways to make it easier/better. <i></i>
Will do Pan but me thinks you got this subject covered (and covered very well).

Gunna be real busy over the next couple weeks & then it is Busa time.

Can't wait to get em on and test out the knees. <i></i>
Got them back from the chroming place, and got "matching" rear pegs off a Gixxer 1000 (I think).

<i></i>
Volvi had said:

Quote:ive had the poor mans buells a while now. I cut the top rubber off the oems, left the bottom layer of rubber, dont look so good but got rid of the un-necessary added height.

So pan was it worth all your effort?

My answer:

No, not really to be honest with ya Volvi. It seems to suit most people, but after riding all day with them I found that the gear lever was difficult to reach... I lowered it, but the kick-stand would hinder my boot from getting under it... and I also felt less comfortable going around corners with the pegs being much closer to the ground.

It was good to go through the process... buying them, grinding them, chroming them... but they are now on Simmo's bike! I'm back to my stockers and maybe looking for Gixxer pegs...
"sometimes crime does pay"<i>Edited by: pan&nbsp; at: 15/11/06 13:05
</i>