new kawasaki busa eater
I saw Leonards ride it was controlled out of control. Strapped and lowered with seat time I can see him running mid to low 9's on that thing. It has the grunt and was running me down in the back half of the track even with a lousy launch (by Jeff)

I think it will beat a stock busa.

Still aint selling mine Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
There are always going to be comparisons to the busa because it has been such a great bike over a long period of time - I for one hope they don't change a thing for '07
- maybe a red/red colour scheme and make it unrestricted again

As far as I'm concerned they could make a 250hp zx-14 with all the fruit with a retail of $15,000 and I still wouldn't touch it.

Why - well the busa is the perfect bike for me and I would pay $19,000 for a new one because it is engineered exactly the way I like it - sure we all bling a little but the bike itself isn't disgraced by anything else on the road - The only thing I haven't done to it was the shims(which Col did @ 40,000klm)
but mechanically everything else I do myself which gives me total confidence when I ride - and believe me there is no better feeling as you know when tackling your fave stretch of tar that you and your busa become one.

Shit - I'm gonna cry now

Ruffy

i47.Photobucket.com/album...c_0114.jpg
"The joy of sex - sorry Motorcycling"

i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/Ruffred/dsc_0114.jpgEdited by: RuffRed at: 31/7/06 9:37 pm
Honestly it should be faster than the Busa and it's good to have competition but I can’t get past the fact that it's more ugly than a bucket full of pigs c__t's
Now thats UGLY
Was that "FRUGLY" - It certainly is!

Our 7 years old bike! gives you an idea of what we think of our bike. f*** the Kawasaki, I rode it - it stinks, if it took them 7 years to come up with something that is unrideable around town and only just quicker, the Busa still rules - our hearts!

Max - Busa's Rock and Rule! Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Quote:the Busa still rules - our hearts!
Hey Mad Max,speak for yourself,it doesnt rule my heart.
As far as looks go,well beauty is in the eye of the holder.
I certainly dont think the busa is a beautiful bike,nor the 14 for that matter,distinctive yes,beautiful errr no.An MV or Ducati 916 is a beautiful bike to me.
Some of you come in here bagging the kwaka and its your right to,but what do you base your perception on,how many of you have actually ridden one and i dont mean around the block?(yes i know you have Max).
As for you nutsack,what a benadict arnold you are.
One minute you are saying you are ditching the busa for something that handles a little better and then you get on this thread praising the busa??????I think you have been in canberra too long matey!!!!
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
+ 1, I'm with Max on this one......

as he said ......................... Regards Richard

When the Clutch Drops the Bull Shit Stops
I must say the zx14 is fast bbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttt so is the busa anyone who wants to pay the big coin for a new zx14 go for it buddy good on you. the busa may be ugly but you know what they say... ugly sheila's go harder to make up for it .

p.s rocket if u read travis's posts in the seen the light thread ud see he is selling the bus now while it still sells for a decent price then he is going to buy a new bus when it comes out.

pps i rode the 14 the other day i don care how fast anyone says the thing is up top its still completly, rediculously stupily under powered down low almost felt like turbo lag upto 6 grand

ppps its still only a KAWASAKI
Looks like you read my tread out of context too Dan.
Did i say the busa was ugly? No i didnt,i just said its not a beautiful bike thats all.
As far as the price of the kwak,of course its dearer because its a NEW bike,not a 7 yo recycled unit.
Your last statement pretty much sums up where your comming from"its only a kawasaki"is that a predudiced statement or what?Take your head out of the sand and look around mate.
Its funny,i was thinking when the zx12 was around and it was only a bees dick slower than the busa,you all jumped up and down saying,yeah but its 2nd rate and its slower and now the 14 is a bees dick faster than the busa,its now ohhh its only a bees dick faster?Cant some of you guys give credit where credit is due?
Rocket, I've never liked the look of the Busa..has sorta grown on me a bit over the years BUT still ugly when one considers what else is available out there

...isnt it amazing how defensive how some become over material possesions
Come on people.... be nice to Rocket.
Do as he asks, or else...
Show him some understanding.
Don't just tell him your preferences or your thoughts.
Don't just give your bike some credit.
Give HIM some credit...
I haven't riden the 14 but man, it is one ugly mother. It looks like the love child of a spider and a stealth bomber. I for one couldn't care less if it is a poofteenth faster or slower than the busa. And I guess that in 7 years we could then give it a fair comparison with the busa (when it has had time to be developed as the busa has).

Rocket - Keep on keeping on

As for the rest of you, keep on sticking to your guns this is the busa club after-all. Even Rocket would agree with that. In the words of Black Adder..."give them an inch and they'll take a foot, much more than that and you wont have a leg to stand on"... Cheers,
Holge
Edited by: Holger the Dane  at: 1/8/06 4:46 pm
What shit are you on about pan?????
Im am trying to find out what people are basing their statements on other than the fact that they own a busa.
Im f****d if i know where your comming from?
What development has the Busa had over 7yrs Dane???

let me help you out

...SFA
Hey if it aint broke, dont fix it.