HOW DID........
Thanks Pan we needed that
This why we need more busa women on here.
I know one but she don't have internet yet.
Ok yes I used them but only for the 2 passes. I just had to give them a go as a last resort to prove the bike had it in it as it was my last night at the drag before giving it a brake for a while.
I do feel like I cheated myself ,but I know what I have to do in the future.
I was knocking myself out & spending time & money.
Dave I was only ever doing it for myself as I had no plans to race in comps this is still a daily rider.
shane
Good job Shane I've seen you ride the nuts off that thing.
Anyway I can crash mine more than yours, Cheers,
Kawasuki
Jeez!

I only ever meant this to be light hearted.
I never thought all you guys would jack up so bad.
Or is this that NSW/QLD stuff?

Take it easy boys I ain't pickin on Shayne, as I have said I have felt his frustration and have thought of putting bars on too, but then it wouldn't be a street bike would it.
I was going to run a flat slick, but I chose not to for the same reason.
But some people in QLD have contacted us guy's here to tell us of the miss-representation and I couldn't let it pass without comment, and as I said it was only meant to be light hearted.

Mistaboosta, obviosly these guys don't know you have the fastest street bike in the country, and that you run mid 8's @ over 170mph every single pass with NO BARS!

I am sorry if I have upset you by posting this Shayne, but I had contacted you for help with my own runs, and you never mentioned it, if you had of I would of understood why you used them, but you never mentioned them once.

Xiler8er hows the view from up on that high horse?
If you want to see street rego'd bikes with out bars running low 8's get yourself down to WSID on a Wednesday night they are there all the time.
No one said anything about a NO-BAR 6sec pass, they are running Busa's in the states with bars in the 6's.
And they are running 7.0-7.2 @ 200+mph with No Bars.

And I truly meant this to be a light hearted thread, not the shit fight it has turned into.

Dave

Edited by: CAS3234 at: 30/9/05 1:08 pm
I think all has been said here. But, for my 2 cents, Shane, I knew about the bars, and couldnt give a rats arse. You get nothing but respect from me, and from all of the members that I know. I honestly didn't think there would be an issue. Did anyone specificaly ask if you used bars?

Cheers,
Terry
CAZ3234 what kind of swing arms are these gus running cause that sounds near impossible?
Yeh Dave the view up here is quite nice would you like to join me for a few seconds before push you off you started this thing in a way of saying that he cheated to get a 8 sec pass are your guys running standard swingarms on standard motors to do this I mean standard as in stock internals what pound boost are these guys running what hp are the producing how many passes have they made in their lifetime of drag racing all these come into play Shanes Bike is running stock internals all it has is a turbo with f*** all boost yes he never wanted to put the bars on because he knew other guys were doing it without them but he had tried everything the extended swingarm and the thing was still lifting and dumping his sump all down the track so he gave the arm a go and got what he was after. Now I know that it wont stop there and he will be out there again trying to get the 8's without the arm so why imply that he cheated using the arm in the first place I just hope he gets as much recognition when he does do it without the arm

Thats it from me enough said and I am outta this fucken thread its Friday and its been a shitty day for me so take my last responce to this topic as you will I really dont give a flying f*** Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest
Aye aye,

From what Leonard and Greig Frankham tells me - Shane's not the sort of guy to deliberately misslead anyone, and no-one has suggested he did. He should be congratulated for his efforts bar or no-bar.
It's a pity things have to get personal, but some good has come from all this in that everyone now understands that if you run a Bar - Rego or no Rego - It aint a "Streetbike" as defined by Dragracers around the world.
The argument does get sticky - however - when you start looking at Auto Transmissions, Slider clutches and Flat Slicks.

The current attitude is that No-Bar and No Tow bike = "Streetbike" which pretty much sorts out the sliders and auto's. I use Flat slicks myself because they last 4 times longer and are $100 cheaper than an MCR2 "Sticky Mickey" and going on AMA Prostar results v MIROCK there's not much advantage. 7.4 @ 205mph - sticky micky v 7.2 @ 195mph flat slick. Until you start pumping out 300+hp There's no need for either - as a Pirelli Corsa will get you into the 8's - ask leonard.

Dave Gilbert

8.49@174.55 - Australias quickest and Fastest Hayabusa Pass ever The NO-BAR movement grows - VIVA LA REVOLUTZIONE!!!!
Good onya Dave.

Any chance we'll see you in WSID on a Wednesday night?
I do mid 8's... for the 60 foot time...
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Customer Service & Complaints Division
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

Aye aye,

Probably be after Xmas as the chassis is at MPE in Brisvegas getting the full outlaw pro street treatment - wheels / longer arm / pro-stock front end /lightweight billet everything etc. etc. - motor is getting all the good bits and I'm building a turbo system as we speak with help from Leonard and our friends in the States.
Quote:leonards new bike will be finnished before mine

...so Leonard, can I have your old one...?
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Customer Service & Complaints Division
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

Aye aye,

You can have my new one if yer pockets are deep enough The NO-BAR movement grows - VIVA LA REVOLUTZIONE!!!!