Annual Hayabusa Convention?
Hay guys is it a weekend thing
how many days this thing for???????
Sounds ok but as you know there needs to be a central meeting place that can accommodate lots of people & bikes.
It will also need to be halfway between QLD & VIC for our interstate rides ( hones ). Not an easy task. Are we also talking this year or next as winter is approaching.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same line for a meeting place.
Somewhere around Sydney would be good and reachable for SA riders who would ride about the same distance as Qld riders. OK....suggestions.....Singleton, Walcha, Thunderbolts Inn. I have found all those places to be bike friendly and in the right place for a group ride.
Whadayareckon New South Welshmen? Are ya up for it or what? Dam fine bit of organizing for the Oxley run. Could it be much harder for 2, maybe 3 times the amount of bikes.
Of course it goes without saying if I can help from Brissy I will.
I might even get Xiler8er of his arse for a quick weekend trip to Sydney to discuss ideas. Eh Bill?
Regards
Chopper
I am sure us Sydney folk could sort something out, how big did you say your back yard was Franko.
It would be hell of a party Rob
Hey if it is Syd or Vic I am in, most I have seen was the dozen we had on a gingers creek run about a year ago.
True Sydney would be a sorta midway point accomodating QLD and SA members. But you have got to ask yourself would you be losing out on numbers from VIC. My opinion is that seeing most members are from VIC and NSW it would make more sense to accomodate them by finding a sorta midway point between them. For a NSW member to travel 10 klm and a VIC member 1000 klms, you have to wonder how many from VIC will make the effort. So wouldnt a halfway point encourage more attendance? SA and QLD members would have to cover a fair distance anyway and probably only the more dedicated to attend members would make the journey.

So perhaps before any other details can be considered, a general consensus on location would be desirable. What do you think?

To be honest i'de still go with Jindabyne,great roads around there and not to far to travel to get to them.As Volvi would know from years ago at a Honda rally,there is a good place for accommidation too that can hold 600 odd people,not that i think we would get that many,but a good place to stay.
you getting cheekier with ur old age Chopper but hey i suppose i am about due to visit my sister in Sydney so what the hell lets go for a ride shit Chopper we have casual rides up here that last 12 hrs its only 9 - 10 to sydney Regards Bill

As long as my heart pumps and my Busa thumps I am a happy Man
Ask people for an accommodation deposit and see how many people show interest. Otherwise your guessing how many. I think you'll be lucky to get 5 from each state... say 20 bikes. not the 80 you would like to see. These busa riders have a great habit of saying "yeah, im in" but when push comes to shove they always have some excuse.

My advice is to make book it for 2 years in advance then start door knocking. Threaten violence if they dont commit with a huge cash deposit (say several grand) that they can get back if they turn up.
now now bee seems to me that u and i have had the same dealings with fellow busa rider I wont mention any name but we had a ride organised by a busa rider and low and behold the organiser didnt show up so we rode without him

(RING ANY BELLS THERE CHOPPER) and that is not saying that it was Chopper he is the most organised person i have met and as far as Chopper and I go if we say we will be there we will
So please Bee DO NOT put me in ur big basket of no hopers it isnt apperciated up here
I was brought up where my word is as good as a handshake but most people these days expect a god damn fucken signed contract
Catergorising people like that just pisses me off sorry for the bluntness
Gotta go now starting to get worked up!! Regards Bill

As long as my heart pumps and my Busa thumps I am a happy Man
Hmmmm this looks like another popcorn moment to me. Shit we havent even organised anything yet and the debate starts!
No, not popcorn time. Hold your horses guys and gals I am doing something behind the scenes to bring this event about, so be patient and when I have some news you all will be the first to know. So please keep the popcorn off this topic. Unity is what we will need to make this a very succesful event. Thanks for your patience.
Yes Xhiler8r, I even flogged off the busa to avoid the lazyness it was inspiring. And Qld is the lazy state anyway, so i dont know haw you can organise anything from up there!

People that get pissed of easily really piss me off
Gotta go now, well into being worked up!!:">

All resemblance to fact is purely coincidental and any pissedoffedness culminating from these statements will be regarded as similar bullshit.
Ok guys & gals lets stop bitchin & carring on. let volvi try
to organise something no matter where it is. We all should
make a big bloody effort to get there from all the state.
personly i would love to see this happen and i will be there
where ever it is.

P S
just want to put my 2 cent in some time in 2005 and
preferly on a long weekend
Hey Bill,
Settle pettle, it sounds like you need a bloody good ride.
Unfortunately I still haven't got the bike back. They are pulling the same stunt you had where they had to back order the decals and it will take another month.
I'm back in town on Wed 24th. Lets get together and we'll organize our next ride.
Yeah point taken with the "no show"
Regards
Chopper