Eastern Creek Drags - Wednesday 27th of July
A few of drag racing guys want me to start keeping records for times, models, etc.
If you guys could help me out I'll be collecting names, make & model, modifications done, and if i'm there early enough i might see if we can weigh all the bikes with riders also.
There aren't any records kept for our type of bikes (no wheelie bar/ street bikes) and we want to start keeping track of who, what and where.
Any help you guys could give will be greatly appreiciated.

Dave <i></i>
I'm now going to be there at around 5.30pm ish now Cheers Robert
<i></i>
Simmo, do you go the the drags with or without baffles? Can you still get in without them?
"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>
I would leave them in, not sure there is a lot of noisy cars but.
Cheers Robert
<i></i>
My first run at the creek, bike not tuned up for years, new Staintunes on (without baffles), and I did a 8.9 second run according to my paper print out!

Oh no, hang on, that's my reaction time...

I managed 11.75 though.

Great night. Too many cars, not enough Busas.

Thanks especially to Leonard for the tips. I'll keep practicing around town and get those times down...

Thanks to the "silent Busa owners" (those who don't post but almost always show up to events).

Thanks to Guido for the images in my head (that won't go away) of that video clip on your phone! (you can still get help, it's not too late...)

<i></i>
Hi Dave. Good to finally meet you tonight also.
Did you manage to weigh any of the bikes?
Did you want to collect data/times still?

<i></i>
It was good to meet all you guys who showed up last night, sorry if I missed talking to any of you, I was having about 12 conversations at once.

No I didn't get to take any data last night, due to the mad rush to get out of the house and to the track I left every thing at home, including my wallet and phone (lucky i had put a $50 in my pocket).

It was a pity about the cars droping oil on the track and holding up proceedings. I think in the end we ended up with only 6 runs. I think cars were built to screw us bike riders over.

It was a great turn out for bikes last night, It was about the most bikes I have ever seen out there on a wednesday night. I hope every one had a good time and I will definatly be out there next time you guys are heading out.

Dave
<i></i>
Quote:My first run at the creek, bike not tuned up for years, new Staintunes on (without baffles), and I did a 8.9 second run according to my paper print out!
Pan thats how long it took you to put your helmet on
baffles out that would be your ear plugs
Great turn out i counted 20 odd bikes, i think Leonard was the fasted of the night,
we even had a couple of chook chasers giving it to the Harley boys good stuff, Pricks even did a longer monos than me, well done to the guy doing the mono standing on his seat all the way down the track.

Cheers Robert
<i></i>
Hi guys. There may be photos of us up on this website soon...

Eastern Creek Drags

That's it Simmo.
I'll be practicing my take offs every day. Look out. Next time I'll show you what the red and black can do to a copper...

(maybe I'll bring the Volvo!)
<i></i>
Well done Pan and your bike is looking great, looks like they repainted the lot, are you talking about what you are going to do to Leonards turbo, thats a fast copper one becareful he is bigger than you
bring your bike on spanner day with 4 hair dryers 12 volt ones from k-mart and a big battery and will see what we can do for you
Cheers Robert
<i></i>
They're up. Have a look at the website I mentioned above...
Click on the 27th of July meet...

Leonard is on page 1
I'm on page 2
Simmo's on page 4 (is that a pink shirt Simmo?)
Ray is on page 4 with his bling wheels
I'm on page 4 again (good looking bikes got two photos on the web page!)
Dave is on page 4 also
Simmo's also on page 5
Leonard's also on page 5

I can't believe Bruce isn't there (or did I miss him). I was sure we'd see a photo of him taking off while leaning over to look at his new bling bling wheels
<i></i>