Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm system
VNSVLE Wrote:Just finished installing my new alarm system onto my K8. Took all of about 30 - 45 minutes. Nice and easy pretty much just removed rear fairing/cowl (what ever you want to call it) and the seat and it was just a matter of plug and play. Cost me $400 including freight from the states and was here in a couple of days. Came with a proximity sensor and 2 way pager remote. A good investment me thinks. Keep them nasties away i hope(and cheaper insurance)!! TrophyAction-smiley-083

Hello there, i glad i found this on the forum, as i looking at buying Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm System, in lay mans terms, could you please tell me how it works? and how is it different from the i500 youve got.
Cheers
Sri
Hello there, i glad i found this on the forum, as i looking at buying Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm System, in lay mans terms, could you please tell me how it works? and how is it different from the i500 youve got.
Cheers
Sri
[/quote]

Hi,

I have the i900 installed on my K8. From what I have read the main difference is that the i900 has a proximity sensor...so that when the remote control comes within reach of the bike, the alarm will automatically de-active as soon as you turn the ignition. Likewise, turning off the ignition will activate the alarm after 3 seconds, but untill you walk away from the bike (with the remote) nothing will happen.
It works like any other alarm. It has 3 components..the main unit, the proximity sensor and the proximity sensor for the remote control.
The main unit has the sirene, tilt sensors and impact sensor. the prox. sensor is placed i.e. on top of the battery and will trigger first a warning than a full alarm if someone comes near the bike (adjustable). The only connection you need to make is hook the alarm on to the + terminal of the battery and connect it to the rear indicators (connectors can be ordered for most bikes). Further connect the prox. sensor and the remote prox. sensor and thats it.
I hope I never have to find out if it does what its meant to do.
Came back to my Busa after a long lunch a few days ago to find it had been physically moved from where I parked it. I'm guessing, from various indicators that it may have been an attempted theft that went wrong somehow so an alarm is on my shopping list as a priority.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
they are a good alarm... i have the i500.
Just a question about them tho... what do you do if you have alarmed the bike and for some unfortunate reason you lose or destroy your remote- any way to get another on the same frequency?
cheers
rob
You can get replacement remotes from Scorpio - my batt was stuffed and they replaced it no charge - you can also set the alarm up with ignition sequence that will allow you to turn off the alarm without the remote for that reason, read the manual tells you all about it downloadable
Egos; everyone got one
Ordered mine the other day. Ordered the SR-i900.
I aims to keep her!
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
I have th SR-i900 and i have to say it's a damn good alarm, i haven't got the immobilizer yet but people can't get close enough to the bike without it giving warning anyway, i still have to turn down the proximity sensitivity a notch as any time i walk within 4 feet the damn thing goes off it's head lol, i found if you turn the sensitivity up over half that a bird flying overhead will set off the alarm Lol3

Stay Upright Coolsmiley
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
I got my SR-i900 delivered the other day. I was given a 110ac volt US transformer to charge the pager. What is the go there. I thought that I would at least get an OZ transformer.
Can someone tell me where is the connector on the rear end to connect into the wiring harness for the indicators. I bought the inter-connector for a straight plug in rather than splice in.

I guess I am throwing out some dump questions but I whant to get it right the first time.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
I can't help you mate with the wiring bit, i splced mine into the indicators according to the instructions.
As far as the tansformer goes, by the sound of it you bought your system directly from the US? i got mine from Kenma (Australia) http://www.kenma.com.au/scorpio.html be a good idea to ask them any questions about instillation and about the transformer.
Hope it helps.

Stay Upright Coolsmiley
Vellaterra Wrote:I got my SR-i900 delivered the other day. I was given a 110ac volt US transformer to charge the pager. What is the go there. I thought that I would at least get an OZ transformer.
Can someone tell me where is the connector on the rear end to connect into the wiring harness for the indicators. I bought the inter-connector for a straight plug in rather than splice in.

Just go to Jaycar or simular & buy a 240v transformer (6v output) & cut & join the plug from the old 110v charger (about $15).

Don't use one of those travel adapters as it will fry your 110V charger (You would need a step down transformer to use it)

The plug & Play kit plugs into the tail light plug - you will see it when you pull the rear seat cowling - you need to remove the cowling to run the antenna wires etc & make it a neat job Very Happy

Cheers
Darryl
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
One of hese purchased me for recently, i900, Came with a UK adaptor? (go figure)
Yet to install, good job for tomorrow
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h
http://www.kenma.com.au/ Aussie supplier...
hard to support local suppliers when your paying abot $150 more, even with the european plug, adaptors go for $5-15
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h