RW 200HP
(02-06-2010, 11:39pm)Toecutter Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 10:19pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Would you list the mods you have done so far?

Ok Bruce,
VMAX global build no 23
Full Carbon body + rear seat cowl and guards by magical racing -Japan
Rizoma Mirrors and Rear eliminator -Italy
Custom X-Pipe- USA
PCV + AutoTune + Power Shifter -Japan/USA
Star Boulevard screen -Japan
Modified and clear indicators- Italy
Billet Cam covers, reservoir caps and Swing arm pivot -Japan
Lots of Otec goodies! (engine covers, engine brace, etc...)- France
Dual custom carbon scorpion pipes -Australia
Exup mod -USA
AIS mod -USA
Top Speed ecu mod -USA
Monster big air (4 individual velocity stacks) + K&N Stacks -USA
Twin air horns (hidden) and some other stuff that I can't think of Pi_tongue

Well, you did ask.. Coolsmiley

Love your bike toecutter,hope to see it in person 1 of these daysPi_thumbsup
in regards to the 200 ponie's own a 08 gen 2, with 4-2-1 factory yoshi system bmc filters an power commander tuned by Nevil lush down Victor harbour( top bloke) on nice cool day i would say 195rwhp. trust me you feel it on the right morning, 200 just a bees dick away eh. i say oh yeah it can happen. still wanna turbo thoughYes
Don't forget that a nice small, light exhaust system will drop a lot of weight too, which is like increasing power. That stock system is callosal, that's why I want to go brocks, such a luxury to be able to drop so much weight from an already heavy bike AND benefit from some hefty gains. Can't wait!

Pete/Maj - Heard a lot about certain air filters suffocating the engine a little bit, would a gen2 benefit from a BMC filter? Road or Race? Or better leave it alone and save 70 bucks?
However, whatever you ride, be it a vmax or a Postie, if you love it that's all that matters. I know I don't have to prove a thing.

best statement I have read on hear so far FG Clap

Sutur, if you change to an aftermarket air filter you will need to get it re tuned as the air flow will be way different. I am using a K & N but put it in during my flash tune, it only made about 2 hp difference on the dyno
I'll very rarely use the top end on my k8 (if ever) but drool over the 136ft/lb torque. Thats where the bus really rules. MarkCoolsmiley
(04-10-2010, 08:06pm)garbo Wrote: I'll very rarely use the top end on my k8 (if ever) but drool over the 136ft/lb torque. Thats where the bus really rules. MarkCoolsmiley

Well F&*%k me, had my 08 on the dyno last week and I was given a graph showing RW HP 174, give or take some, who cares.
The dude reckons that it was a pretty good result compared to other Gen 2 bikes he has dynoed.
So for those who think they are getting 200 RW HP with the additions of slip on's and filter I think some thing must be seriously wrong with the dyno they are using or a lot of drugs are being smoked

Dave
136 hey you must have got a wednesday bike Lol2
(05-10-2010, 09:23pm)Dave Wrote: [quote='garbo' pid='227323' dateline='1286186778']
I'll very rarely use the top end on my k8 (if ever) but drool over the 136ft/lb torque. Thats where the bus really rules. MarkCoolsmiley

Well F&*%k me, had my 08 on the dyno last week and I was given a graph showing RW HP 174, give or take some, who cares.
The dude reckons that it was a pretty good result compared to other Gen 2 bikes he has dynoed.
So for those who think they are getting 200 RW HP with the additions of slip on's and filter I think some thing must be seriously wrong with the dyno they are using or a lot of drugs are being smoked

Dave
[/quote

Dave, your bike sounds about spot on to me, our K8 shopbike made 173Hp & 101ft/ibs dead std. We tuned up a gen 2 with a BMC filter, full yoshi zorst (can't remember what model) and PC3 = 185hp&106ft/lb. But our dyno ( brand new dynojet 250I) reads a bit lower than some of the others in sth oz. I don't really think 200hp is realistic without opening up the engine.

Garbo did you mean 136 N/M of torque?
(05-10-2010, 11:38pm)Holeshot Wrote:
(05-10-2010, 09:23pm)Dave Wrote: [quote='garbo' pid='227323' dateline='1286186778']

Dave
[/quote

Dave, your bike sounds about spot on to me, our K8 shopbike made 173Hp & 101ft/ibs dead std. We tuned up a gen 2 with a BMC filter, full yoshi zorst (can't remember what model) and PC3 = 185hp&106ft/lb. But our dyno ( brand new dynojet 250I) reads a bit lower than some of the others in sth oz. I don't really think 200hp is realistic without opening up the engine.

Garbo did you mean 136 N/M of torque?

200HP from a Gen2 without opening the cases, what are some of you guys on.The numbers above are more like the truth.
A friend of mine has a Gen2 with 179/105 with full yoshi system and Tuning Link mapped P/C. Goes like s#!t of a shovel compared to a Gen1 but it's a long way from 200hp.
(02-10-2010, 08:05pm)white knight Wrote: in regards to the 200 ponie's own a 08 gen 2, with 4-2-1 factory yoshi system bmc filters an power commander tuned by Nevil lush down Victor harbour( top bloke) on nice cool day i would say 195rwhp. trust me you feel it on the right morning, 200 just a bees dick away eh. i say oh yeah it can happen. still wanna turbo thoughYes

Yep mine 4-1 filter ECU flash tune 193 hp
another 7 hp is a very long way away
Dunno wot others torque figures are but I am sure that is wot the last dyno graph was. 4to1,filter,pc3. 192hp,136ft/lb. I have just fitted velocity stacks and am getting a major service done in the next few weeks so will throw it on the same dyno again. Let's see wot happens. Maybe I was dreamin? MarkCoolsmiley
horsepower yes foot pounds ya dreaming.
i have seen Gen 11 at 178 and 198 with pipe and PC. The only way to do the sums is on the same dyno and that wont happen. But 136 ftlbs that would be for a 1440 cc + engine.
How much of a difference in power would you guys say breaking in the bike hard (properly) vs breaking in the bike as per owners' manual would make uhm...before modification?
(08-10-2010, 09:54am)sutur Wrote: How much of a difference in power would you guys say breaking in the bike hard (properly) vs breaking in the bike as per owners' manual would make uhm...before modification?

1-3 rwhp